Stuffed mushrooms are a perfect appetizer or side dish! I use a small food processor to finely ground the onion and mushrooms. The mixture should have a stuffing-like consistency. I love cheese so I go big on that but you can reduce to 1/2 cup. Enjoy!!
- 32oz of Baby Bella Mushroom
- 2 TVs of butter
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 3tbs of garlic
- 1 tsp of salt
- 1/2 tsp of black pepper
- 1 tsp of dried oregano
- 1 tsp of dried basil
- 1/2 cup of ground Italian bread crumbs
- 1 cup grated Pecorino Romano
- Pre heat oven to 375°.
- Put mushroom caps with stems removed in a baking dish.
- Finely chop the stems. I use a small food processor for this.
- Heat butter over medium high heat in a frying pan.
- Add onions and garlic cook five minutes.
- Take chopped mushrooms stems and add to pan.
- Add salt, pepper, oregano, basil, and cook about three minutes.
- Remove from heat. Add 2 tablespoons of olive oil, the breadcrumbs, and the cheese, and stir well.
- Fill each mushroom cap with the stuffing mixture and then top it with a little bit of olive oil and some more salt and pepper.
- Put filled mushrooms in the oven to bake for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Make sure to check that they are nice and golden brown.
BY: VIRGINIA OLIVIERI
For more delicious recipes follow @SimplyFabFoods on Instagram