?Taco Time!! My family loves this recipe and is always a great choice for taco nights and get togethers! Super easy to make and delicious. You can vary the toppings and choose your favorites.
- 4 chicken breasts
- 1 medium onion chopped
- 1 14.5oz can of diced tomatoes
- 1 pkt of taco seasoning
- 1 16oz can of refried beans,
- 1 pkg of standing taco shells
- 8oz bag of Mexican blend shredded cheese
- Toppings such as salsa, sour cream, and avocado.
- Heat oven to 400°.
- Put enough water in pan to cover chicken breasts, bring to a boil, and then simmer for 15 min.
- Put cooked chicken into a bowl, cool, then shred with 2 forks.
- Clean the pan and put on med/high heat.
- Add a little EVOO and cook diced onions until translucent.
- Add shredded chicken, and tomatoes.
- Mix taco seasoning in a separate bowl with a little water then pour into pan.
- Let mixture cook about 5-8 min.
- In a small sauce pan heat refried beans over low/med heat.
- Time to stuff the shells~ place a spoonful of beans in bottom, then chicken mixture, then top with cheese.
- Bake 12-15 min until melted.
- Top with salsa, sour cream, avocado, or whatever your family loves! ENJOY!
BY: VIRGINIA OLIVIERI
For more delicious recipes follow @SimplyFabFoods on Instagram