Fondue Night at my house is always a huge hit! I have 2 recipes that I serve that are easy and delicious! For this week here is the main course~ V’s Beer Cheese Fondue! Be on the lookout for dessert next week!
- 1 tbs of EVOO
- 1 tbs of minced garlic
- 1 cup of light craft beer (I used Sam Adams Cold Snap)
- 12 oz Shredded Cheddar Cheese
- 1 tbs of mustard
- 1 tbs of Worcestershire sauce
- Dipping items such as cubed sourdough bread, grilled steak, Honeycrisp apples, carrots, and any veggie you want!
- Prepare your dipping items ahead of time and have ready to eat.
- In a 4 quart pot over medium heat add the oil.
- Once oil is hot add the garlic and cook about two minutes until garlic is fragrant.
- Add the beer and bring to a boil for about 3 to 5 minutes.
- Add the cheese, lower heat to medium, and begin to stir.
- Now this is extremely important- do not stop stirring! Continue to stir until cheese is melted and smooth.
- Add mustard and Worcestershire sauce and mix well with the cheese.
- Transfer cheese into a fondue pot and place fondue pot over heating element for it. Some kind of pots are sterno, others a tea candle.
- Started dipping and enjoy!!
BY: VIRGINIA OLIVIERI
For more delicious recipes follow @SimplyFabFoods on Instagram