An amazing comfort Italian dish is Steak Pizzaiola! I add a different flavor and color by using heirloom tomatoes. Enjoy!
- 2tbs EVOO
- 3tbs. Of Garlic
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1/4 tsp of crushed red pepper
- 2 1/5 cups of chopped heirloom tomatoes
- 1tsp of dried oregano
- 1tsp of dried basil
- Salt & pepper to taste
- 2.5lb London Broil steak
- In a deep skillet, heat EVOO over medium high heat.
- Add garlic and onions and cook until translucent, 3 min.
- Lower heat to medium and add crushed red pepper, tomatoes, oregano, basil, and some salt and pepper and stir.
- Add a little water, maybe 1/3 of a cup, and bring to a slow simmer.
- Reduce heat to low, cover, and let sit.
- On a grill pan, heat a little EVOO over medium-high just enough to heat.
- Add steak and cook each side to desired preference.
- For medium rare cook about 5min each side. Again this varies on how you like it cooked.
- Once steak is cooked remove from heat, place on carving board, and let rest for 5 min.
- Place steak on a platter and cut slices diagonally.
- Top with tomato sauce and serve!
BY: VIRGINIA OLIVIERI
For more delicious recipes follow @SimplyFabFoods on Instagram