Cream Asparagus Soup with Dairy Free Options
3 tbsp unsalted butter (or dairy free butter)
2 pounds green asparagus, trimmed and chopped
1 garlic clove chopped
4 cups chicken broth
1/2 cup heavy cream plus extra for garnish ( or dairy free half and half)
1/2 tsp fresh lemon juice, or to taste
1 tbsp fresh dill (optional)
salt, black pepper to taste
1. Press the SAUTE button on the Instant pot and let stand until screen reads “HOT”.
2. Add the butter and asparagus and cook, stirring occasionally for 2-3 minutes.
3. Add the garlic and cook for 30 seconds. Press the CANCEL button.
4. Add the broth and stir to combine.
5. Close and seal the Instant pot.
Turn the venting knob to SEALING. Press PRESSURE COOK button and check to make sure the pressure level shows as “High” in the display. Adjust the timer to 4 minutes.
6. When finished cooking, quick-release pressure.
7. Open the lid. Stir in the heavy cream and lemon juice.
8. Using an immersion blender, purée the soup.
9. Season to taste with salt and black pepper. Stir in the fresh dill if using.
Dairy Free, Vegetarian
by: Breeann Barnes