Did you know that the biggest thing that makeup does is change your self-confidence?
Makeup should enhance your beauty, not cover it up.
Let me ask you, do you have an outfit or shirt that you just love and it makes you feel good? That is what makeup should do.
Ok so now that you know how makeup should make you feel, let’s talk about the basics.
- Before you do ANY makeup, you need to do your skincare. If your skin doesn’t look good, then your makeup isn’t going to look good.
Three basic steps that EVERYONE should do is Cleanse, Tone and Moisturize. This goes for ALL skin types.
If you would like a more detailed skincare routine, I can help you with that!! Fill this out for me and I will help! >>> https://forms.gle/bfTmhoXhAK9jC3P48
- You should always prime your face before putting your makeup on.
Here is what primer does
- It provides a smooth base
- It makes your pores look smaller
- It smooths out any fine lines
- Helps make your makeup last longer
- This is just like primer. This is getting your skin ready for the foundation. Your concealer should be 1-2 shades lighter than your skin tone. BUT!!!!! Let me ask you, when you apply your concealer, do you still look tired, or maybe the dark circles are still showing? If you said yes, then you need a little extra to cover up those problem areas. Click here to get your cheat sheet to help cover up those stubborn areas. >>> https://shannonkgardner.com/ColorCorrection631993
When applying the concealer, you want to tap it on. Don’t rub. You don’t want to pull on the skin. The skin under your eyes is very delicate.
Here is what concealer does
- Corrects color
- Lightens dark areas
- Covers blemish
- Foundation is used to even out your skin tone. It should not look like you’re wearing a mask. You should not see where the foundation starts and ends. It should blend in. Remember, LESS IS MORE.
Here is what foundation does
*Evens out skin tone
*Acts as a second skin
*Can give you a radiant look.
Need help in selecting the correct foundation? I have something to help with that! >>> http://bit.ly/hellogenie
Once you have figured out what shade you are, let me know and I will send you a sample. Just fill out this form so I know where to send it to.
- Blush/Bronzer. I’m putting these together because I personally use one or the other. I rarely use them together just because I don’t want to over do it on my cheeks. I’m heavy handed, so I could go a bit over board on this.
I love using bronzer to give me a bit of color and to give me depth in my face. Blush can do the same thing, but I love my bronzer.
- This can help you look awake. Trust me, I know. If you are wanting a very simple look and don’t feel like doing a whole lot of makeup, mascara can help. By just adding mascara, it changes everything.
- Lipstick/Gloss. Choose your favorite color of lipstick or gloss and put it on. Want to be a bit brave, grab that red. Can NEVER go wrong with red. And there are so many different shades of red to choose from. Not a lipstick fan? Then grab that lipgloss. Give your lips a bit of shine. But don’t leave the house without something on. :). Your makeup just won’t look complete without it.I hope that some of this helps you!!!!
And please feel free to reach out to me with any questions about skincare and makeup. I would love to chat with you!!!Facebook : https://www.facebook.com/BeautyWithShannon2016
Personal Website : shannonkgardner.com
Business Website : www.faceofbeauty.biz