V’s Tortellini Soup!
This dish is made with easy ingredients, takes 20 minutes to make, and is hands down my kids favorite!For more delicious recipes follow @SimplyFabFoods on Instagram - https://www.instagram.com/SimplyFabFoods/
- 2 tbsp EVOO
- 2-3 tbsp minced garlic
- 5 cups veggie or chicken broth
- 3 cups water
- 1 bunch broccolini, tops chopped and stems discarded
- 1 pkg fresh or frozen cheese tortellini If using dried tortellini cook longer, according to package.
- Heat oil over medium-high heat in a large dutch oven. Add garlic and cook until fragrant. Add broth and water to pot and bring to a boil. Add chopped broccolini and cook for 5 min. Add fresh or frozen tortellini and cook according to package, or until the float. Serve with crusty bread or on its own. Voilà!
For more delicious recipes follow @SimplyFabFoods on Instagram - https://www.instagram.com/SimplyFabFoods/
- 3 tbsp crushed garlic
- 3 tbsp anchovy paste
- 1 cup chopped kalamata olives
- 28 oz can crushed plum tomatoes
- 3 tbsp capers
- 1 lb pasta
- Take 3 tbs of crushed garlic and 2 tbs of anchovy paste and cook in EVOO over medium heat.
- Once fragrant add a 28oz can of crushed plum tomatoes, 1 cup of chopped kalamata olives, and 3 tbs of capers
- Let all the ingredients cook together over low-medium heat.
- Meanwhile cook 1lb of your favorite pasta and drain.
- Add cooked pasta to your sauce and viola! Delicious Italian meal in 20 min. Mangia!
Slow Cooker Butter Chicken (Whole30 approved)
Ingredients:1 lb boneless, skinless chicken breast or chicken thighs1 medium onion, diced2 tsp coconut oil4 cloves garlic, minced1 tsp fresh ginger, minced1 tsp coriander1 tsp cumin1 tsp cardamom½ tsp salt¼-1/2 tsp cayenne pepper1 (14oz) can coconut milk (full fat)1 (6oz) can tomato pastejuice of 1 lime¼c Cilantro, or to tasteDirections:In a medium saute pan, heat coconut oil over medium heat. Add onion and sauté until translucent and tender. Add garlic, ginger, spices, and salt. Cook 1 minute longer, till all the spices are fragrant and amazing. Stir in coconut milk and tomato paste and stir until well combined.Add chicken to the slow cooker. Pour sauce over everything.Cook on high heat for 3-4 hours or on low heat for 6-8 hours.Shred or dice chicken into the sauce, squeeze in lime juice, top with cilantro, and serve with mashed potatoes-carrots-onion. I seasoned it with garlic and cardamom, ghee, and salt & pepper.
Curried Cauliflower Soup with Bay Scallops
- 12 ounces frozen bay scallops ,cleaned
- 1 head cauliflower
- 1/2 onion, peeled and sliced
- 2 cloves fresh garlic, peeled and crushed
- 3 cups vegetable broth
- 2 tsp yellow curry paste
- 1 dash salt, to taste
- 1 dash ground black pepper, to taste
- 1/4 cup + 2 tbsp olive oil
- Rinse and clean scallops, Set aside in the refrigerator.
- Cut cauliflower into florets. Peel and slice onion. Peel and crush garlic.
- In a saucepan on medium heat, pour olive oil into the pan. When hot, add cauliflower, onion, garlic and curry paste. Cook for 10 minutes until onions are soft. Add vegetable broth. Bring to a boil, then reduce to a simmer. Simmer for 20 to 30 minutes until cauliflower is soft.
- Remove from heat. Allow to cool for 5 minutes and blend with and immersion blender while in the saucepan (be careful, liquid is very hot).
- Season to taste if necessary. To serve, add scallops to soup and heat for 2 to 3 minutes to heat through the scallops. Serve equal portions in four bowls.