Sunday dinner is huge in my family. We come together with family and friends and talk, laugh, reconnect, and eat delicious food! Here is a recipe for an incredible Italian dish call Braciole. It’s a Sicilian dish of origin and although looks intimidating to make its actually pretty easy and will please a crowd of 2 or 20. Enjoy!
- 2 cups of breadcrumbs
- 1 cups of grated Parmesan
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp of dried basil
- 2tbs of minced garlic
- 3lbs of flank steak
- 12 slices of prosciutto
- 1/2 cup of wine
- 40oz jar of marinara sauce
- Bring steak to room temp.
- In a bowl mix breadcrumbs, salt & pepper, oregano, basil, garlic, and parmesan cheese and mix well.
- Butterfly each piece of steak and pound flat with a meat mallet. Meat should be thin.
- Cut into even 3-4in wide strips.
- Layer 1 slice of prosciutto and breadcrumb mix on top of each steak strip.
- Roll tightly and tie with a piece of kitchen twine.
- In a 6qt stock pot or Dutch oven heat 3tbs of EVOO over medium/high heat.
- Cook each beef roll in the pot, searing each side and then remove to a platter.
- Cook in batches, don’t overcrowd the pot.
- Once all the beef rolls are seared and removed from pot add the wine and let it cook off all the brown bits from the bottom, scraping them up with a wooden spoon.
- Reduce heat to medium and add sauce to the pot and bring to a boil.
- Add the beef rolls to the sauce and mix in well.
- Reduce heat to low, cover and let cook for about 1 hour.
- Remove beef roll and cut kitchen twine off and discard.
- Set on a platter and cover with sauce. You can also put sauce in a dish to pour at the table.
- Serve with your favorite pasta and you have a meal that will knock the socks off your guests!
BY: VIRGINIA OLIVIERI
For more delicious recipes follow @SimplyFabFoods on Instagram